In the early 2000s a style of music known as neo soul took the music industry by storm. A contemporary, jazzy, eclectic take on soul music, neo soul launched numerous music careers.
This collection of of three short fiction books is being produced as part of the NEO SOUL NOIR SERIES, which will certainly be HOT FICTION for the ever-discerning reader!
BAG LADY BAG LADY brings together authors weaving stories torn from Neo-Soul Artist Erykah Badu's chart-topping hit Bag Lady.
Stories must come from the focus line from the song “carrying all that stuff like that”.
We're looking for stories of suspense and mystery chronicling a main character’s descent into dark territory, paranoia, stalking and more from the weight of carrying unresolved issues.
We must clearly see the downturn and the spiral into madness and its effect on others in the storyline.
1) Must not exceed 7500 words.
2) Should be related to suspense and mystery chronicling a main character’s descent into darkness from the weight of carrying unresolved issues
3) Must have at least 3 characters - with a strong protagonist and antagonist.
4) Should have settings, scenes and character descriptions that are well crafted, vivid and engaging
5) Should be original! No part of any other written work should be presented as your own!
6) Should include a cover page with the Title, Author's name, Author's contact information and word count - centered on the page.
7) Should be typed at least 12 point, not in all bold, not in any cursive font. Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Cambria are all welcomed font styles.
8) SHOULD NOT include the Author's name in the body of the manuscript, the title of the story should be included in the header or footer of all pages.
9) Should be submitted in Word format.
SUBMIT YOUR STORY HERE!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PARTICIPATING...
- If selected, contributors understand that the company operates in a self-publishing model, therefore copies of the book may be purchased in bulk from the company by the selected participant. Proceeds may be earned by contributors from the person-to-person sales of the book by the contributor belong to the contributor. No royalties are paid on this project.
- Books cannot be sold higher or outside of the company-determined retail price range.
- Selected applicants will also provide a head shot - and for cooks - in addition to the head shot, you should provide at least 2 different food shots, for marketing purposes and use in book. These should be professional quality, high resolution images.
- Restrictions apply – (no family or affiliates of any kind to the publisher, editor, judges, etc. who work on the project may participate in the submission process); also note that we will reserve the right to edit or make editing suggestions for all submissions for literary quality and word count purposes.
- Contributors must willingly and enthusiastically participate in all marketing and promotional efforts.