So - You Can Do Some Damage
It's been on your mind all day - tonight - you'll prepare THAT DISH! The one that makes eyes sparkle. You will dance as you wash dishes together. You will chat about that certain spice, the perfect combination of flavors and how much your attention to detail matters to them. Your ears will delight in the whispers of culinary satisfaction.
THAT DISH is the one you want to submit for possible inclusion in THIS WAY TO LOVE'S HEART. After all, it is THE DISH that leads to more hugs, increased random kisses and a lot of "I love you."
To submit, you will provide the recipe, along with ingredients, measurements and step-by-step directions.
Recipes for entrees, salads, desserts, one pot dishes; and breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner dishes are welcomed.
The selection process will look at creativity, ease of preparation, combination of flavors, suggestions for presentation and your accompanying paragraphs.
1) Recipes must be original - even if it is a twist on something traditional like carrot cake or pot roast (original defined as not taken from another cookbook, a cooking show or anything related)
2) Should include an ingredients list
3) Should include accurate measurements with words like teaspoon, quart and related spelled out and not abbreviated
4) Should include suggested serving notes
5) Should not include brand name products unless absolutely required for the outcome of the dish
6) Should include a photo of your cooked dish (for submission purposes, a quality cell phone shot is fine)
7) Must submitted with a cover page which includes: Cook's Name, Cook's contact information, Name of dish.
8) Recipe pages should include the name of the dish in the header or footer.
9) Author's name SHOULD NOT be included on any of the recipe pages
10) Must be submitted in Word format.
12) Should be typed at least 12 point, not in all bold, not in any cursive font. Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Cambria are all welcomed font styles.
To SUBMIT, use the handy form HERE.
From one generation to the next young women have been taught directly and in subtle tones that one of (if not the most prominent) method of attracting the man you desire is in the magic that happens in the kitchen.
So magical, in fact is this experience that mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and older sisters implore women of every age to assure their culinary skills are always sharp and network TV worthy!
Can we flip the script a bit? Fellows, the way to the heart of that special lady is through her stomach as well. Men cooking up a woman's favorite meal is one of the sexiest gestures.
This collection gathers the recipes that have proven to bring romance to your door, and lead the one you long for down the aisle. Taking this magical dance with recipes from contributors across the country is short romantic fiction from aspiring writers.
Together, they celebrate the sharing of generational wisdom, while encouraging readers to re-open the wealth of communication found when meals are prepared together and sharing love, sensuality, spirituality, and romance in written form.
Fiction that sizzles with
romance, passion and food
A nice bottle of wine. A crystal pitcher of Georgia sweet tea. Yeah, these could be wonderful accompaniments to recipes that are aphrodisiacs. But we decided to serve up an invigorating collection of romantic short fiction instead. Here's a wonderful opportunity for you to share your fiction in a different format and potentially a different audience. Romance and recipes. Food and fiction.
What are we looking for? Breathtaking and beautiful romance. Fiery and passionate intimacy - but not erotica. The creative infusion of food or dining together and sharing life and love over a meal, or anything related to romance and the culinary world. It could be love lost and found again. It could be finding her through a chance encounter at a tasting event. It could be an elder sharing the secrets to healing a broken marriage. We are talking Harlequin, Hallmark TV, Aspire Network kind of WOW - LOVE AND ROMANCE!
We cannot wait to see what you cook up. (See what we did there?)
1) Must not exceed 6500 words.
2) Should be related to food or anything related to culinary enterprises (restaurants, taste events, etc) must be part of the storyline.
3) Must have at least 3 characters - with a strong protagonist and antagonist.
4) Should have settings, scenes and character descriptions that are well crafted, vivid and engaging
5) Should be original! No part of any other written work should be presented as your own!
6) Should include a cover page with the Title, Author's name, Author's contact information and word count - centered on the page.
7) Should be typed at least 12 point, not in all bold, not in any cursive font. Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Cambria are all welcomed font styles.
8) SHOULD NOT include the Author's name in the body of the manuscript, the title of the story should be included in the header or footer of all pages.
9) Should be submitted in Word format.
SUBMIT YOUR STORY HERE!
What You Should Know About Participating
- If selected, contributors understand that the company operates in a self-publishing model, therefore copies of the book may be purchased in bulk from the company by the selected participant. Proceeds may be earned by contributors from the person-to-person sales of the book by the contributor belong to the contributor. No royalties are paid on this project.
- Books cannot be sold higher or outside of the company-determined retail price range.
- Selected applicants will also provide a head shot - and for cooks - in addition to the head shot, you should provide at least 2 different food shots, for marketing purposes and use in book. These should be professional quality, high resolution images.
- Restrictions apply – (no family or affiliates of any kind to the publisher, editor, judges, etc. who work on the project may participate in the submission process); also note that we will reserve the right to edit or make editing suggestions for all submissions for literary quality and word count purposes.
- Contributors must willingly and enthusiastically participate in all marketing and promotional efforts.